We are value investors who are passionate about what we do. We offer an alternative for conservative investors who want more than “set it and forget it” mutual funds and ETFs. We reject cookie-cutter approaches and go beyond traditional portfolios to invest directly in:
Our investment philosophy is grounded in the belief that from time to time financial markets function inefficiently, resulting in mispriced investment opportunities. Through discipline and patience, we take advantage of these opportunities, buying undervalued investments that we believe will offer superior returns and limited risk.
To achieve these results requires qualities that differentiate us from other firms:
- Long-term time horizon: The returns we seek on your behalf cannot be found in short-term buying and selling, but require a disciplined, long-term perspective. We measure results over rolling five-year periods.
- Open mandate: We invest where we see value and have no restrictions on industry, geography, asset class or market capitalization.
- Research: We find our opportunities through rigorous and in-depth research.
- Opportunistic: We buy when others are selling, and sell when others are buying.
- Risk-averse: Since our priority is capital preservation, we are only willing to make investments offering a deep discount to their intrinsic value. We maintain diversified holdings and are willing to hold cash when our research shows a lack of attractive opportunities.
We build diversified and durable portfolios that can be sustained through challenging market conditions. We allocate capital in four specific areas: public equity, fixed income, real estate and private equity.