Carmel Capital Partners is the unconventional investment-centric firm for serious investors who are looking for an alternative approach to investing.
Our San Diego-based firm was founded by Russell Silberstein and Anthony Josephson with the goal of delivering stable long-term returns for clients through opportunistic, value-oriented investments. To achieve this, we have rejected the Wall Street status quo of selling cookie-cutter mutual funds and ETFs just to “set it and forget it.” Instead, we invest directly in equities and fixed income, and we go beyond traditional investments to incorporate real estate and private equity.
We started the firm in 2002 with $2 million in assets under management; today we manage over $180 million. Yet we define our success by a simple question: Have our clients met their goals? Those goals may range from retirement to philanthropy to family, but we always strive to ensure that the answer to the question is “yes.”
Carmel Capital Partners Difference
We do things differently at Carmel Capital Partners. If you’re used to working with a large, national firm, you’ll notice the results immediately:
- We are independent: We don’t answer to a remote head office, and we serve you without the pressure to sell unnecessary or inappropriate products. Independence helps provide our clients with the peace of mind that our interests are aligned with theirs.
- We place your interests first: We make sure we understand your needs thoroughly, including your goals and your risk tolerance. We believe that investors are best served by accountability and transparency, and we apply this perspective to everything we do on your behalf.
- We invest with a long-term perspective: We invest only after rigorous research by a team of professionals passionate about investing. We are disciplined value investors and do not stray from this philosophy, so you always know what to expect from us. And because we believe so strongly in the work we do, we invest our own money alongside yours.
The result is a truly transparent portfolio that is uniquely aligned with your goals and eliminates hidden fees and conflicts of interest.
How We’re Different
CARMEL CAPITAL PARTNERS
- Answering to the client, not the company
- Success defined by our clients meeting their goals
- Solutions focused
- Individualized client outcomes
LARGE NATIONAL FIRM
- Subordinate to head office
- Directives “come from above”
- Success defined by increasing assets under management
- Product focused
- Hidden fees
- Sales trump client’s interests
- One size fits all